Sunday, March 1, 2009

Turner Mountain

I apologize that I have no energy to write a novella this weekend. I hope to work on some stories for next weekend as I have a day off and may have a little bit more time. In the interim, I thought I'd keep my readers interested with some ski pictures from Turner Mountain. I suppose my energy is zapped because I left it all on the mountain yesterday! It snowed about 15 inches in town Thursday from 8am to noon. I would have liked to get some fresh turns in Friday, but I settled for some very light "crud", which I almost prefer when I'm on my tele gear anyways.

Enjoy!


This is the top of the mountain looking towards the lodge. The valley headed towards the top right of the picture is the road up from Libby.

Winter wonderland.

The lift has only been on the mountain 4 or 5 years. Before that it was a T-bar all the way to the top! It was the longest T-bar in North America. The image of T-bars takes me back to the little ski hill in McCall and the memory of being an 80-lb mighty-mite hanging on to the bar with both arms wrapped around the seat because my partner had fallen off and left the bar unbalanced. This caused the bar to slide off my non-existent bottom and slick hot-pink race suit. The fact that the pink suit was not very stretchy (meaning I couldn't raise my arms over my head or pull them to my face while in a tuck) didn't help matters. Needless to say, I'm glad Turner no longer has a T-bar.

From the chair looking back to the lodge. It was put in the same time as the lift. It's very nice inside, but the chimney on the fireplace is defective and lets enough smoke out in the building to make it smell like a campfire. They open the windows to let the smoke out. It gets cold. They stoke up the fire...you get the picture. Oh, p.s., see all the cars?? That's pretty much the extent of the parking lot, which basically translates into no lift lines. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment