The hospital is a federally designated “critical access” hospital. This is a Medicaid designation, which I’m sure has a more complicated qualification and benefit structure than was explained to me. The gist of what I got out of it was that this designation allows the hospital to receive Medicaid payments of something like 35 cents to the dollar vs the standard 20 cents to the dollar for services rendered, but basically restricts the hospital size to 25 beds. The hospital is in the process of drawing up plans for a new building that will accommodate needs and services better. When I asked about the number of beds the new building will have the reply was quick: “25”.
The Libby Clinic is where I'll be spending a large portion of my time seeing patients. There are 3 MDs, one PA, and one Nurse Practitioner. The staff is very friendly and eager to teach and accommodate me. I even got my own office.

No comments:
Post a Comment