Wednesday, January 19, 2011

For Darcy James: Susan and Sande

Dear Darcy,
Jim and I were able to meet Sande, Susan, Noel, and Preeti.  Our course leaders, Mike and Amy, are actually quite good friends with them.  Susan and Sande invited the four of us into their home Saturday night for dinner.  They live not too far from Lacor Hospital…I’m not sure if they were there when you were last here (Sande said he had had that land for about 10 years).  They are working on improvements to the house and land: he has planted trees and they recently painted the house.  They are waiting for 3 of their neighbors to get power before the line will reach their house.  They think that it may happen in the next year or so.  Susan is doing well and expressed her deep love for you and how she misses you.  She is working at the Gulu Hospital and as Sande is on his holiday this month, he’s been playing “babysitter” (those were his words).  Noel is about waist-high and is so cute.  He is quiet, but very polite and curious.  He loved the torch and stickers!  We used the torch for lighting as we chatted and sipped ginger tea and Noel was very proud to light the path as he lead us all the way back to the hospital.  Preeti is absolutely beautiful and healthy!  She smiles, kicks, and laughs and is not at all afraid to be passed around by 4 white strangers!  We took some video, but I don’t know if I can get it to go through; I will try (the video is not great, but I think the audio is more important).  Here are some pictures we snapped as well.
Apwoyo!

 Susan showing off Preeti's pinafore!  She had fallen asleep, but woke up for a quick photo.

 Noel opening his gift next to Mommy Susan and Sister Preeti Darcy!

 Sande holding Preeti

 Susan feeding Preeti...she's a good eater!

 Back asleep

 Noel showing off his stickers.


I tried to load a video, but had some problems.  Perhaps I'll try again anther time.

Darcy, thanks for sharing your Ugandan family with us.  They are truly amazing people who we are honored to know.

Emily and Jim

1 comment: